Tuesday, December 27, 2011

October 20th update


I’ve been working on combing through the many images captured during various protests/rallies/workshops/lectures/conferences I have attended the past eight years.  I have a good working batch which I have manipulated in GIMP to create bold, black & white versions of the files.  I’m feeling good about the process and as I continue to explore the possibilities, new ideas come to mind.  This weekend I am attending Connecting for Social Change:  Bioneer by the Bay conference.  Amy Goodman is one of the keynote speakers.  Eric Andrade suggested I check out Sobonfu Some, an author of African origins who focuses on spirituality.  I just looked at the program schedule and it looks great!  I want to attend as many women led/focus workshops as possible and document as well as make connections with other women.

In terms of process, the next step is to take the images I have already printed and transfer them onto transparencies.  I realized that the Duralar I had purchased will not work on printers/copiers.  So I must stop by Staples and purchased the right printing material.  Hoping I can do so today and go to Boston Arts Academy to use their Xerox machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment